CINARS has created the 8th Prix de la Danse de Montréal
For each Biennale, CINARS associates with partners to award prizes for outstanding contributions to the development of the performing arts around the world. As part of this 18th edition and CINARS 35-year anniversary, CINARS has created the 8th Prix de la Danse de Montréal: the Dance Award – International Diffusion category.
Awarded by CINARS, this new prize is dedicated to a Canadian Dance company that has put together an outstanding international tour. CINARS is proud to award a CAD5,000 grant to the winner of the award.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
In granting this award, CINARS:
• Encourage and support the dissemination of the Canadian Dance;
• Promote the recognition of artistic excellence;
• Contribute to the promotion of Canadian dance companies;
• Recognize the international market development efforts of dance production organizations.
The organization must be legally registered as a not-for-profit organization and have its head office in Canada;
The tour must:
• Have taken place in another country than Canada;
• Have occurred between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018;
• Include at least 5 performances as part as the same tour.
The applications are evaluated by a committee whose members are part of the CINARS database. Members are individuals known for their performing arts skills and who have good knowledge of touring.
Candidates may apply for the Dance Award – International Diffusion category themselves or accept their nomination by a third party. Organizations may register more than one tour at this price. However, they must apply once for each tour. The application must be submitted using the Nomination Form provided for this purpose.
The winner will get a CAD 5,000 grant.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION
October 19, 2018 (incomplete applications or those submitted after the registration deadline are not eligible).
To submit your application, please fill out the official form by clicking HERE.